Are you struggling with the news that your child is lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender or gender diverse (LGBT+)? Did they tell you recently, or perhaps they told you a while ago and your relationship with them has been suffering since?
If you’re feeling lost and uncertain about how to communicate with your child, or your nervous about saying the wrong thing. Let me reassure you that you are not alone. Whilst this can be a difficult time for your child, it can also be a difficult time for you. And if you are both struggling this can impact your communication with each other.
You may be experiencing a myriad of emotions. You’re head could be spinning with an array of thoughts. And your personal values and beliefs may be challenged with this news.
Some emotions you may be experiencing:
- Denial/ disbelief
You may also be worrying about:
- What your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours will think?
- What you did wrong?
- Your child’s future, health, employment and relationships
- Not having grandchildren?
Or are you asking
- Is it just a phase?
- Is it a choice that they could change?
- How can I protect my child?
- Will we ever speak to each other again?
- Will our relationship ever go back to normal?
If your relationship with your LGBT+ child is problematic and you’ve decided that you are ready to repair that relationship and reconnect
with them, the Parent Revival program will show you how. See below for more details.
Indigo Journey’s parent programs provide a safe space for you to explore your feelings and thoughts about your child’s sexuality or
gender identity. You will receive the support you need to gain a better understanding of your child’s experience and your own.
If you are a parent of an LGBT+ child and you have questions or are struggling with the news, I’d love to sit with you and answer your
questions, provide you accurate information and bust those myths to reduce the worry.
I have over 10 years experience supporting LGBT+ young people and their families, with a focus on supporting families to build or
rebuild their connections with each other. I understand and embrace the idea that connection is one of the most crucial protective factors for all human beings. This is why I provide parent coaching and education programs to help build those connections.
I will support you on your journey to work through any confusion, difficult feelings or fears you may be experiencing, and to arrive
comfortably back to the place of unconditional love that you have always had for your child.
Parent Revival Program
This is for you if:
You have a fractured relationship with your LGBT+ child
You are worried that they won’t speak with you again
You’re tired of the uncomfortable family gatherings
You’re tired of walking on egg shells
You’re worried they are going to leave for ever
For more information about other parent support programs, please click here and I’ll be in touch.
What you will receive:
- A clearer understanding of why you’re a feeling the way you are
- Some insight into your child’s experience
- Effective communication strategies
- More confidence around language and terminology = no moreegg shells
- A beautiful connection with your child
- Wipe out those sleepless night of worry
- A calmer, more peaceful household
- The confidence and ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with friends, family, colleagues etc.
7 Tips To Creating YOU Time Without Needing Extra Time In Your Day
Subscribe below to receive your FREE guide: